* At what age do people usually begin to work in your country?
* At what age do people usually retire in your country?
* At what age would you like to retire?
o What do you think you will do after you retire?
* Describe a typical day at your current job?
* Describe some of the people that you work with?
* Describe your current job.
* Describe your first job.
* Do women usually work after they get married in your country?
* Do you ever work overtime?
o If so, do you get paid more for overtime work?
* Do you have a part-time job? If so, what do you do?
* Do you have to attend a lot of meetings for your job?
* Do you have to do a lot of paperwork?
* Do you have to work overtime?
o If so, how often?
o Do you have to work on Sundays?
* Do you know someone who has worked as an undertaker?
o What is the job of a an undertaker?
o Can women do this job or is it better for a man to be an undertaker?
* Do you like your boss? Why or why not?
* Do you like your job?
* Do you like your job? Why or why not?
* Do you think it is more important to make a lot of money or to enjoy your job?
* Do you think it's acceptable for women to be in the military? Why/why not?
* Do you think people over 65 should be made to retire?
* Do you think women and men should be paid the same for the same job?
* Do you think women are good bosses?
o Are there women bosses in your country?
* Do you think your company is well run?
o Do you think that the place where you work is well run?
* Do you work on weekends?
o Do you work on Sundays?
* Does your mother work?
o Does your mother work outside of the house?
* Have you ever been promoted?
* Have you ever taken any courses that specifically help you with the job you are doing now?
* Have you ever worked on a farm?
o Did you like it?
o Would you like to go back on this farm job?
o If not , why?
* How do you like your work?
* How have working conditions changed in recent years?
o Do you think that working conditions have improved? If so, in what ways?
* How long do you plan to continue working where you are?
* How long have you been working at your present job?
* How many days a week do you work?
* How many days a week do you work?
* How many hours a week do you work?
* How many times have you been promoted?
o When was the last time you were promoted?
o Did you get a large pay raise at that time?
* How much do you think a doctor should be paid a month?
o How about a secretary?
o How about a truck driver?
* How much money do you make? (Maybe this is not a good question to ask.)
* How much money does a secretary get paid per week?
* How old were you when you got your first job?
* How well do you get along with your boss?
* If you could own your own business, what would it be?
* If you had to choose between a satisfying job and a well-paid one, which would you choose?
* Is it common for men and women to have the same jobs in your country?
* Is it easy to find a job in Canada? How about in your country?
* Name three occupations that you could do. (For example, be a mortician)
o Name three occupations that you could never do?
* What are some common occupations in your country?
o What are some common jobs for men in your country?
o What are some common jobs for women in your country?
o What are some jobs that children do?
* What are some jobs that you think would be boring?
* What are some jobs that you think would be fun?
* What are some questions that are frequently asked in a job interview?
* What are you responsible for?
* What are you trying to do in order to find a job that you really like?
* What do you do?
o What's your job?
* What do you like most about that job?
* What do you think is the best job? What do you think is the worst?
* What do you think would be the most interesting job? The most boring?
* What does your father do? (What does your father do for a living?)
* What does your mother do?
* What influenced your choice of job? (Why did you choose your job?)
* What job do you want to have in five years' time?
* What job would you most like to have, if social/cultural boundaries did not apply? (How different are they?)
* What job(s) do you wish to have in the future?
* What jobs in your country are considered to be good jobs? Why?
* What kind of volunteer work have you done?
* What kind of work do you do?
o What kind of work do you want to do in the future?
* What plans have you made for your retirement?
* What three adjectives would describe yourself as a worker?
* What time do you get home from work?
o Is it the same time every day?
* What time do your start and finish work?
* What was your first job?
* What would be your dream job?
o Do you think it would be possible for you to get this job?
* What's one job you wouldn't like to do? Why not?
* What's your brother's occupation?
* When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
* When you were a child, what job did you want to have when you grew up?
* Where do you work and what is your current job?
* Where do you work?
* Which job are you best at?
* Which job would you never do?
* Which jobs do you think are the most prestigious?
* Who among the people you know has the most interesting job? What is it?
* Why did you leave your last job - did you resign or were you sacked?
* Would you be upset if your boss was a woman?
* Would you consider the military as a career choice? Why or why not?
* Would you consider yourself to be an ambitious person at work?
* Would you describe yourself as a workaholic?
* Would you like a job in which you traveled a lot?
* Would you like a job that required you to sit at a computer all day?
* Would you like to do the same job for the rest of your life?
* Would you like to work in an office? Why or why not?
* Would you rather be a doctor or a banker?
* Would you rather work inside or outside?
* What job would you most like to do?
* What are the names of some of the people with that job?
* Do you personally know any one with that job?
* How long do you plan to keep it for?
* When do plan to retire?
* What other fields or work will that job make you qualified for?
* What are the work details of that job; what will be your duties at that job?
* What steps are required from you to become a/an.......?
* So, how long before fore you become a/an......; at what ages will you both start and finish this/each job/career?
* What do you hope to spiritually gain from that job?
* What do you wish to physically gain; what kind of things would you like to buy with your money?
* How much money do you need to make to fulfill you dreams and desires?
* If money weren't a problem for you, which job would you prefer to have?
* How does money affect your decisions?
* How do your wants and desires affect your career options and goals?
* How many years of schooling would you prefer to have?
* Can you improve on the way things are now being done in the field you choose?
* Which college courses are needed for you to be the very best in your field?
* Which college courses are required for you dream job?
* What other courses do you need to take so you can pursue your hobbies and personal interests?
* Which of the classes mentioned above are you giving the highest priority? Why?
* Who is the breadwinner (provider) in your family?
* Who makes the most money in your family? (This may not be a "polite" question to ask.)
* Is it common for people from your country to have one job for life?
* Do you see any unfair labour practices in your country's workforce?
* Do you have an after-school job?
* Would you like to have a management position?
* What are the pros and cons of being a manager?
* What are the qualities a good boss should have?
* What is a fair wage for the skills you have?
* Are there any jobs which can only be done by one gender?
o If so, what are they?
o What are some jobs that some people think only one gender can do, but can be done by either gender?
* What should you not do during a job interview?
* Who would you hire a employee with a lot of experience or an employee with a lot of education?
* Have you ever worked?
* Getting a Job
o What is the difference between work and a job?
o Do you have a job?
o How did you get it?
o Did you have to go to university to get it?
o What is the name of your job?
o Is it a popular job?
o Is it a job mainly for men, or for women?
o Did you need any special training to get your job?
+ What type of special training did you need?
+ How long and where was the training?
o Is it an indoor, or outdoor job?
o Which do you think most people prefer, indoor or outdoor jobs?
o Does your job pay a good salary?
o What are the advantages and disadvantages to your job?
o Which do you think are some of the more demanding jobs?
+ Which are the least demanding jobs?
o Which jobs are badly paid?
+ Which jobs are over-paid?
o Which job are more popular than others, and why?
o Is your job competitive?
o What about promotions?
o Is it too competitive?
o How is your relationship with your co-workers?
o Why would I choose you instead of the 50 others wanting this position?
* These were submitted as possible job interview questions.
o What degrees do you have?
o How much experience do you have?
o Where have you worked?
o Why did you choose this employment?
o How much would you like to earn?
o Have you ever worked in this field?
o Where would you like to work? Why?
o Why do you find your job interesting?